Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Don't Break the Bank


I know these days everyone is trying to save their pennies, so I wanted to pass along some great ideas for inexpensive wall art for your home.



Stretching fabric over a canvas is an inexpensive, beautiful way to create artwork for your home.
You can find a variety of fabrics in different themes and styles to suit your taste and to fit anywhere in your home. Most fabric stores have a remnant table with deep discounts given on the price or use SHEETS. :)











The only supplies you need to pull this off is your fabric, a canvas, scissors, and a staple gun - all found at your local craft store. Staple fabric around canvas as shown below.












I used Amy Butler's Mid West Modern fabric to make the curtains and pillows in my daughters room.











I wanted to incorporate the other patterns in this collection in her room as well, so I decided to stretch the remaining fabrics over canvas and place them over her bed.


BEFORE.....





AFTER....

\











Another fabric wall art idea...fabric and cross stitching hoops.











I made this owl using a blank canvas, scrapbook paper, and Modge Podge decoupaging glue. You can cut basic shapes and decoupage them to the canvas to create any theme or look you desire-the skys the limit!!


2 comments:

  1. The "art" over Riley's bed looks great! When did you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday, I had to have something to blog about. This blog is forcing me to get things done!

    ReplyDelete