Friday, September 25, 2009

A Nursery for Cruz

Preparing for the birth of my first son was one of the most exciting times in my life. Adding to the excitement was preparing the nursery and embarking on a decorating adventure like no other. It all started with a piece of fabric that I absolutely fell in love with...and the rest is history!



This is it...Alexander Henry's Spotted Owl fabric. When I saw these whimsical, colorful owls I knew I had to have them for my son's nursery.
I used the fabric to make the curtains and added touches of owls where ever I could. The owl print on the wall is actually a picture I made myself from scrapbook paper using a decoupaging technique on a piece of canvas.

It's not likely that I will find to many things for the nursery that have the name "Cruz" on it, so I made these letters myself...once again using scrapbook paper and decoupaging.
I came up with the idea to make make a "branch" for the room and have owls perched upon the limbs for a neat and colorful visual.


I was going to attempt to make some stuffed owls myself, but I found these precious owls on etsy.com at a reasonable price and decided to go with them.


I was very pleased with the end result and I think Cruz will also approve.

No comments:

Post a Comment