Friday, May 21, 2010

Winning the Battle


It's official, as of today I have lost 30 POUNDS!! I started the Weight Watchers plan this January and since then I have not looked back. I have struggled with my weight ever since I can remember. I have tried EVERY diet out there-if it exists I've done it, but I always find myself going back to Weight Watchers. It's the only plan that has ever really worked for me. I have been cooking all of my meals straight from the Weight Watcher's cookbooks and the whole family loves it! It really helps when you have support at home and everybody is "on board". I have also been putting in an extra effort to walk during the weekdays as well. I used to make excuses not to exercise because I am a busy mother of 3 , but I have found ways to fit it in. I usually put Cruz in the stroller and we walk the streets of our neighborhood. Cruz LOVES walking around the lake behind our house, he is fascinated by the ducks and birds. It's become a real bonding experience between us in the mornings. I also try to meet friends for a walk around the mall with our children in the strollers too. It's great when that works out because Cruz is getting to be around other children, I am exercising AND getting in some much needed adult conversation! I am finding that this time around it's getting easier as I go and watching the number on the scale go down each week is so motivating. I do have days where I struggle, but I am learning how to deal with them and keep going. I want to loose another 30-35 pounds and I can see that goal being attainable at this point. Honestly, I am a little nervous about summer approaching because I definitely do better when I am on a schedule. I JUST NEED TO STAY FOCUSED! I will keep attending my weekly meeting, planning my meals ahead of time and reminding myself how good it will feel to be comfortable in my own skin ( and in some really cute outfits too ;) . I am worth every effort!!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to get started! Hopefully it won't be long before I can celebrate a 30+ pound weight loss! Great job, Melissa! Thanks for the WW tips and recipes!

    ReplyDelete