Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Robot Update

So, I have been working on ideas for Cruz's robot room and came up with some pretty cool stuff.
My 12 yr. old found these robot cut-outs while we were strolling around the craft store the other day. I had no idea what I was going to do with them, but I knew I could think of something.



After some brain storming this is the finished product.




I decoupaged some scrapbook paper onto the little guy and used some embellishments to give him some cool detail. So glad my scrapbook materials are getting some use!



My daughter also spotted these gears in the scrapbook section of the store-she has a great eye for what her momma likes. Tim Holtz has some great materials to work with.




I spray painted them to match the colors I plan on using in his room.


The Three Amigos!



I am thinking of making some sort of banner with the robots...something like below.

Of course I need to get busy on making some more robots if I follow through with that plan.

Oh, yeah...I am also attemping this cake for Cruz's birthday. I found it on the Betty Crocker website, I hope it's as easy as the tutorial looks!






1 comment:

  1. It's always good to find a use for that scrapbook stuff!

    ReplyDelete